|Business Analyst (Principal Consultant #1673)|
|Lane 4 – Minimum Salary $3,946|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Open Until Filled|
The Illinois State Board of Education is looking for a Business Analyst to add to our Information Systems team. Reporting to Information Systems management, the Business Analyst will provide support to agency business applications with a focus on financial and human resource operations. The position requires a detail-oriented, results-driven individual who has excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Develops technical business specifications to increase functional use of agency software applications by documenting current processes and recommending workable solutions.
- Meets with Agency management and staff to interpret, document, plan, and prioritize work for existing and future projects related to software application support.
- Participates in agile project management activities including projects backlog prioritization, daily standups, sprint planning, and other key agile project management ceremonies.
- Maintains technical documentation of existing Agency financial human resource systems to align with current policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Two years of experience (in addition to education requirements) in business analysis role.
- Ability to translate technical and complex information and instructions into common, user-friendly terms.
- Ability to think logically, interpret problems, present creative solutions with clarity and precision, and deliver results.
- Excellent listening, oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to efficiently manage simultaneous tasks and re-prioritize when necessary.
- Ability to work independently, yet quickly assimilate into a team atmosphere to participate on interdivisional assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computers, Business, or Accounting.
- One year working with financial data systems.
- Working knowledge of project management methodologies including agile scrum.
- Working knowledge of state accounting, budgeting and human resource procedures and policies.
- Working knowledge of computer operating systems such as Windows 10.
- Working knowledge of Office 365.