|Administrative Assistant III (#1617)|
|Special Education Administration|
|Salary commensurate with education and experience|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Open Until Filled|
Reporting to the Executive Director of Special Education, this position performs highly skilled administrative support duties.
- Coordinates appointments and organizes schedule for the Executive Director.
- Performs duties such as scheduling for meetings, making travel arrangements, and maintaining itineraries for staff reporting to the Executive Director.
- Performs secretarial duties (i.e., prepares correspondence, reports, etc.) utilizing a computer and various software packages, including service as a backup timekeeper for Special Education Services and handling confidential information or materials on personnel matters such as grievances or labor relations issues.
- Acts as liaison for the Executive Director to personnel of the various assigned divisions, interpreting office policies per the Executive Director's directives and assists, when feasible, outside clients and many other internal agency personnel.
- Monitors and maintains budget, including entering various MIDAS (Management Information Database Accounting System) related activities into the system.
- Assembles and maintains a filing system for all materials.
- Processes numerous phone calls and inquiries for the Executive Director and dispatches those calls to be forwarded to other staff.
- Assists legislators, government officials and school personnel by answering questions and addressing preliminary concerns.
- Serves as the liaison with public relations regards to media inquiries and webpage revisions/additions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of progressively responsible secretarial or programmatic experience in an office setting involving typing, computer work and/or other specialized training.
- Extensive knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of personal computers and software packages with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Some college.
- Private/executive secretary experience.