|Administrative Support (Program Specialist II #121)|
|Curriculum & Instruction|
|Lane 2/Tier 2 – Minimum salary $2,438|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|February 14, 2020|
|Open Until Filled|
Reporting to the Director, provides support to the Director and administrators in Curriculum & Instruction; provides clerical support for staff in Curriculum & Instruction. Daily work includes gathering information and responding to inquiries, decision making, interpretation and application of Agency and center policies and procedures, serves as backup to the CTE & Innovation Program Specialist for timekeeping and attendance, orders supplies as needed, answers the main phone line as assigned for two departments, prepares documents, coordinates meeting and travel for the Director.
- Provides clerical support for the Director of Curriculum & Instruction, Projects Administrator and the department of Curriculum & Instruction by finalizing a variety of correspondence, reports, and presentations; organizing and maintaining files; responding to inquiries requiring general knowledge of program operations; assisting with conference planning; scheduling appointments and meeting arrangements; maintaining confidentiality for information related to the departments.
- Provides assistance for the Executive Director of Teaching & Learning, Director, and Projects Administrator of Curriculum & Instruction and staff in the departments under Teaching & Learning with special projects.
- Maintains a broad base and general understanding of all center programs and services.
- Maintains MIDAS (Management Information Database Accounting System) for contracts and invoices, reimbursements and expense claims.
- Backup for travel arrangements for Director.
- Serves as timekeeper for the department and answers the main phone line.
- Serves as backup timekeeper for CTE & Innovation.
- Types correspondence, reports, tables and charts for staff.
- Proofreads and edits reports, presentations, requests for proposals.
- Responds to inquiries through written and oral communication.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of progressively responsible secretarial or programmatic experience in an office setting involving typing, computer work, and/or other specialized training.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to type 45 WPM.
- Some college or technical training.
- Experience coordinating clerical and office procedures for a large department.