|Administrative Support (Program Specialist II #1001)|
|Lane 2/Tier 2 – Minimum salary $2,438|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|February 14, 2020|
|Open Until Filled|
Reporting to the Director, provides administrative support to the Director and professional staff of the department. Daily work includes gathering information and responding to inquiries, decision making, interpretation and application of Agency and department policies and procedures.
- Provides clerical support to the department by finalizing a variety of correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Organizes and maintains department files.
- Answers telephones.
- Responds to inquiries requiring general knowledge of program operations.
- Assists with department conference planning.
- Schedules appointments.
- Makes travel and meeting arrangements and prepares expense claims.
- Maintains confidentiality for information related to personnel and department claims.
- Maintains and completes MIDAS (Management Information Database Accounting System) functions for the department.
- Responsible for ordering, securing, and distributing supplies for department staff.
- Serves as department timekeeper, maintaining and completing attendance in timekeeping system.
- Types letters, memos, reports, tables, charts, forms, and special correspondence for department staff using the appropriate computer software.
- Proofreads and edits to ensure clerical accuracy.
- Provides information or assistance to Agency staff, LEAs/cooperatives, and the general public concerning department activities.
- Applies general knowledge of Agency operations, rules, and regulations in explaining or clarifying processes or services available.
- Tracks evaluation due dates, maintains department calendar of events, and performs support functions for meetings, conferences and trainings.
- Serves as inventory clerk for the department, maintaining inventory records, documenting all inventory movements, and ensuring inventory control procedures are adhered to by staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of progressively responsible secretarial or programmatic experience in an office setting involving typing, computer work, and/or other specialized training.
- Extensive knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to type 45 WPM.
- Some college or technical training.
- Experience coordinating clerical and office procedures for a large department.
- Proficiency in Spanish.