|Program Compliance Monitor (Principal Consultant #1710)|
|Springfield or Chicago|
|$52,618 - $67,204|
|$52,618 - $91,998|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|July 31, 2020|
|Open Until Filled|
*** REVISED 7/31/2020***
Reporting to the Director, oversees the implementation of support and compliance monitoring protocols for state and federal legal guidance, rules, and law requirements as applicable to English learners and immigrant students; provides services for the fiscal and programmatic grant review, implementation and monitoring of one or more state or federal funded education programs; provides technical assistance and supports to the field, consistent with best practices and in alignment with all rules, regulations, and laws as applicable to English learners and immigrant students, including those English learners with special education needs, in early learning programs, charter schools, or other contexts; conducts onsite monitoring visits of school districts to assure compliance with state and federal laws, rules, and regulatory provisions; produces complete monitoring reports; drafts business correspondence, papers, research, and data collection documents.
- Manages the implementation of support and compliance monitoring protocols for state and federal legal guidance, rules, and law requirements as applicable to English learners and immigrant students.
- Develops clear communication tools (e.g., infographics, memos, etc.) regarding support and compliance monitoring procedures.
- Provides support and technical assistance to schools and districts in the implementation of required state and federal legal guidance, rules, and law requirements as application to English learners and immigrant students.
- Works with external stakeholders (as required) to complete duties and responsibilities.
- Develops and presents data reports aligned with English learner and immigrant data as requested.
- Performs plan and grant evaluations and reviews and approves original and amended plan and grant applications.
- Assists in implementing one or more federal or state funded programs to ensure their effectiveness and assure school and district compliance with all programmatic and fiscal regulations as related to laws and grants.
- Provides technical assistance and support to the field, consistent with best practices and in alignment with all rules, regulations, and laws as applicable to English learners and immigrant students.
- Prepares, schedules, and conducts onsite monitoring visits (as assigned) of schools and districts to assure compliance with state and federal laws, rules and regulatory provisions.
- Compiles and analyzes data in order to produce complete and accurate support and monitoring reports and responses, including recommendations to districts' corrective action plans.
- Assists in the planning, execution, and coordination of department activities as related to the education of English learners and immigrant students in the state.
- Participates in department, center, and agency cross functional teams as designated by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree plus two years of relevant professional experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of working with law or grants.
- Proficient in a language other than standard English.
- Master's Degree.
- Experience as an educator or administrator.
- Experience in the delivery of professional development.
- Experience with budgets.
- Knowledge about strategic planning, research methodologies, organizational development and/or adult/student learning.
- Familiarity with grant procedures (e.g., application, implementation, monitoring, technical assistance.
- Knowledge in conducting research and/or data analysis.