|Research Specialist (Consultant #1755)|
|$40,670 - $65,672|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|August 26, 2020|
|Open Until Filled|
Reporting to the Director, provides research-related support to the Director and professional staff in the department. Duties include gathering information and responding to inquiries, decision-making, interpretation and application of agency and department policies and procedures.
- Assists in research processes by reviewing literature, authoring briefs using APA citation format and style, typing letters, memos, reports, tables, charts, forms, meeting minutes and special correspondence for department staff using appropriate computer software.
- Proofreads and edits reports to ensure spelling and grammatical accuracy.
- Assists department by finalizing correspondence, reports and presentations, including formatting citations.
- Organizes and maintains department files.
- Answers telephones.
- Responds to inquiries requiring general knowledge of program operations.
- Assists with department conference planning.
- Schedules meetings.
- Makes travel and meeting arrangements and prepares expense claims.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding information related to personnel and department claims.
- Brainstorms with the research department and communications teams for ideas and strategies for effective content and develops copy when needed.
- Completes MIDAS (expense) functions for the department.
- Responsible for ordering, securing, and distributing supplies for department staff.
- Serves as department timekeeper by maintaining and completing attendance in the timekeeping system.
- Assists agency staff and the general public by providing information about departmental activities.
- Applies general knowledge of agency operations, rules and regulations to explain processes or available services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or High School Diploma with four years of relevant experience.
(COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Experience synthesizing information to write, review, edit and finalize documents.
- Some knowledge about conducting research and analyzing data.
- Skilled in writing, editing and finalizing written work products for diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office software.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Interest in conducting research and analyzing data.
- Solid time-management skills to effectively manage multiple assignments with competing deadlines.