|Developer - Business Intelligence (Principal Consultant #1773)|
|Springfield or Chicago|
|$52,618 - $67,204|
|$52,618 - $91,998|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|September 22, 2020|
|Open Until Filled|
The Illinois State Board of Education is looking for a new business intelligence software developer to add to our Software Solutions team. Reporting to Software Solutions management, the position will provide day-to-day development and support of the agency's business intelligence, assessment platforms and data visualization projects. The position duties will include working with agency department managers and staff to recommend, build, and support business intelligence, assessment and data visualizations solutions. Duties will comprise of report development using Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Power BI.
- Performs business intelligence report development using Microsoft Power BI in support of agency projects and initiatives.
- Creates and maintains database queries and stored procedures to gather report data from agency SQL databases.
- Participates on business intelligence development team engaged in a wide range of data analytics and metrics optimization for agency's data warehouse projects.
- Creates and maintains assessment applications as directed by software solutions and the department of strategy and analytics.
- Maintains a high level of individual technical competency.
- Stays current with changes in technology and methodology for business intelligence and data visualizations solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other computer related field. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Experience is preferred but not required. Our Software Solutions team has the capacity to train a recent college graduate.
- Excellent listening, oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to efficiently manage simultaneous projects and re-prioritize workload.
- Ability to think logically, interpret problems, present creative solutions with clarity and precision, and deliver results.
- Ability to work independently, yet quickly assimilate into a team atmosphere to participate on inter-departmental assignments.
- Ability to translate technical and complex information and instructions into common, user-friendly terms capable of quickly adapting to change and various agency demands.
- Master's Degree.
- At least two years in advanced work using Microsoft Power BI and Microsoft SQL Server.
- A minimum of two years in business analysis and customer service.
- Working knowledge of computer operating systems such as Windows 10.
- Working knowledge of Office 365.
- Software development experience.