|Supervisor for School District Finance and Health, Life and Safety for Facilities staff (Supervisor #1257)|
|Springfield or Chicago|
|School Business Services|
|$69,985 - $96,229|
|$69,985 - $122,474|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|January 24, 2022|
|Open Until Filled|
In order to safeguard the health and safety of its employees (and those with whom its employees come into contact), the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE or Agency) requires that all of its employees, with certain exceptions, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by November 15, 2021. View ISBE's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and the FAQs on this policy.
Reporting to the Director, functions as a Supervisor for multiple department school finance projects; oversees the coordination, development, and implementation of department finance staff, school finance reports, and uploading of school finance data and updating of current systems and new systems utilized for district school finance reporting; oversees the school finance technical assistance given to school district administrators, school board members, community members, etc.; chairs and/or represents the department at meetings or on task force committees.
- Directs, monitors and evaluates the activities of department finance staff to ensure the application and direction of agency policies, state/federal guidelines and fiscal accountability. assures program compliance for school finance.
- Supervises and coordinates processing of school districts’ annual financial reports, school district budgets, and annual statement of affairs.
- Supervises and coordinates the completion of required annual reports such as school districts’ financial profile, NPEFS and F33 federal reporting, special education revenue and expenditure report, report card data, and other reports as required.
- Supervises and coordinates the completion of ad hoc reporting and special projects upon the request of ISBE administration, General Assembly, Governor, and task force committees concerning the particular needs or interests for school finance.
- Supervises and coordinates the development of field staff in relation to technical assistance given for financial projections, quarterly cash flows, and school finance in general.
- Provides assistance with the supervision and coordination of approval and processing of Health/Life & Safety 10 Year Safety Surveys, amendments, school construction grants, school maintenance grants, and school district energy efficiency grants.
- Supervises and coordinates the office school finance staff for the completion of required responsibilities such as school district reorganization, charter school reviews, school districts’ and regional superintendents' submission of required annual reporting such as treasurer bonds.
- Supervises and coordinates the maintaining of ISBE school finance systems and the development of new and upgrade of current ISBE school finance systems.
- Represents and speaks on behalf of the State Board of Education to educational entities and the public at large concerning interpretation of the school code for school finances and school reorganizations.
- Serves as agency liaison with numerous educational organizations by sharing information and promoting collaborative ventures to improve program services with a focus on advancing the fiscal capacity of school districts who are in need of consulting services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Education, Business Administration, Accounting or Finance or a Bachelor's Degree in one of the fields identified plus two years of relevant professional experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Two years of experience (in addition to education requirements) in accounting, auditing, school finance, business administration or educational administration.
- Supervisory experience.
- Thorough knowledge of current management practices.
- Thorough knowledge of finance.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement comprehensive business management processes and procedures, including electronic submission of data.
- Demonstrated ability to organize a comprehensive communications and outreach effort for clientele.
- Demonstrated ability to bring strong planning, operations and systems development.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment with staff, colleagues and clientele groups.
ISBE provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We actively foster a culture of inclusion and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Illinois has an urgent and collective responsibility to achieve educational equity by ensuring that all policies, programs, and practices affirm the strengths that each and every child brings within their diverse backgrounds and life experiences, and by delivering the comprehensive supports, programs, and educational opportunities they need to succeed.