|Specialist in Legal Processes and Affairs (Legal Affairs Specialist #1777)|
|$44,367 - $61,004|
|$44,367 - $77,642|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|October 2, 2020|
|Open Until Filled|
Reporting to the Legal Officer, responds to ISBE obligations by law and regulation. The Legal Affairs Specialist will provide support to Legal Officer and professional staff in the Legal Department and within ISBE by responding to litigation and coordination with the Attorney General's Office, producing ethics and compliance reports, responding to General Assembly requests and managing agency legislative bill summaries, responding to subpoenas, and coordinating compliance with the Freedom of Information Act.
- Coordinates with and supports all legal counsel concerning ongoing litigation impacting the agency, including responding to discovery production, reviewing requests for production, coordinating within the agency for appropriate agency response, requesting representation through the attorney general, reviewing and coordinating subpoena responses.
- Assigns and manages legal response to all legislative bill proposals, coordinating with and supporting legislative affairs as needed to ensure Legal's position on legislation is addressed.
- Coordinates with and supports ethics officer in producing reports required by law, regulation and for agency purposes including, but not limited to, ex parte communication reports, training compliance reports, statement of economic interest reports, conflict of interest analysis and reports.
- Coordinates with and supports all legal and agency personnel in responding to Freedom of Information Act requests including assisting with calculation of timelines and compliance, redacting protected information, coordinating Board reports, and producing responsive documents.
- Coordinates and executes special assignments concerning legal and regulatory obligations of or concerning ISBE.
- Communicates to agency personnel and constituents on matters concerning Legal Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Five years of relevant professional experience in a legal or government services field.
- Strong skills in written and verbal communications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to function independently and within a team.