|Equity Attorney (Assistant Legal Counsel #1557)|
|Springfield or Chicago|
|$59,220 - $81,427|
|$59,220 - $103,635|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|October 2, 2020|
|Open Until Filled|
Reporting to the General Counsel/Legal Officer, exercises professional judgment in providing legal assistance to the State Board of Education.
- Performs legal research, makes legal recommendations and analyzes issues within the agency pertaining to equity strategic goal.
- Researches, reviews and drafts legal opinions, legislation, administrative rules, contracts, guidance and other documents.
- Assists and advises the agency in policy deliberations and implementation.
- Participates in agency and external committees and tasks forces.
- Communicates with stakeholders, advocates, attorneys and other government personnel concerning matters of equity.
- Provides legal resources to school officials and other constituents, as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in Illinois. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS & LICENSE REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- At least two years of work in equity-based field.
- Strong skills in written and verbal communications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to function both independently and within a team.
- Familiarity with Illinois Administrative Rules and Illinois School Code.