|Department Receptionist (Program Specialist I #830)|
|Funding & Disbursements|
|$27,576 - $29,256|
|$27,256 - $57,696|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|October 2, 2020|
|Open Until Filled|
Reporting to the Director, serves as the receptionist for department and assists other departments in phone coverage for the Finance Center; opens and sorts incoming mail and directs it to the appropriate department or staff person. (Work hours are 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
- Serves as the primary receptionist for the Funding & Disbursements Department.
- Provides backup phone coverage for other departments in the Finance Center as needed.
- Responsible for answering multiple telephone lines and directing callers to appropriate department staff in a timely manner.
- Greets and directs visitors as necessary.
- Receives and distributes all interoffice and external mail to the appropriate department or staff person.
- Provides clerical assistance to department staff by preparing memoranda, filing, sorting documents and verifying data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of secretarial or programmatic experience in an office setting involving multi-line phone systems, filing, and computer work.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to maintain clerical records.
- Ability to understand/follow varied oral/written instructions.