|Processing of School District Financial Reports and Grant Reviewer (Consultant #1678)|
|School Business Services|
|$40,670 - $50,201|
|$40,670 - $65,672|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|October 5, 2020|
|Open Until Filled|
Reporting to the Director, assists with the analysis, processing, and review of the annual financial reports; provides school financial assistance by phone and workshops; and participates on special projects and annual financial report teams; provides assistance to the review, systems management, and administration for maintenance, energy efficiency, and school construction grant programs.
- Assists with the development, analysis, processing and reconciling of Local Education Agencies' Annual Financial Report (AFR), budgets, and Annual Statement of Affairs (ASA) data.
- Generates state and federal expenditure totals.
- Prepares statistical data for state, federal reports, and publications.
- Conducts trend analysis of educational data, school district financial profile, iLearn, report card, NCES admission, special education expenditure report, operating expense per pupil and other reporting as requested.
- Provides school financial technical assistance to school district officials, auditing firms and taxpayers as needed.
- Presents at seminars and workshops.
- Provides assistance with the amendment to regulations, instructions, and electronic processes for school maintenance, energy efficiency grants, and school construction grants.
- Reviews and approves grants for eligibility and funding.
- Provides assistance for charter school analysis and approval.
- Assists with the drafting, analyzing and review of proposed legislation.
- Assists with analysis of the school code.
- Conducts research regarding legislation and education processes.
- Collects and approves applications for school board trainers.
- Assists with the collection and compiling of data for the capital needs of all school districts for reporting to the General Assembly.
- Serves as the liaison between the web development team and departments.
- Maintains all current information on School Business Services Department website.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Proficient in Excel.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Knowledge base of finance, business management, or accounting.
- Working knowledge of Access.