|Administrative Assistant (Program Specialist II #590)|
|Fiscal Support Services|
|$29,256 - $31,044|
|$29,256 - $57,696|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|October 23, 2020|
|Open Until Filled|
Reporting to the Director, provides clerical support to the Director and professional staff of the department. Daily work includes gathering information and responding to inquiries, decision making, interpretation and application of agency and department policies and procedures.
- Provides clerical support to the department by finalizing a variety of correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Organizes and maintains department files.
- Responds to inquiries requiring general knowledge of program operations.
- Assists with department conference planning.
- Schedules appointments.
- Makes travel and meeting arrangements and prepares expense claims.
- Maintains confidentiality for information related to personnel and department claims.
- Provides information or assistance to agency staff and the general public concerning department activities.
- Applies general knowledge of agency operations, rules and regulations in explaining or clarifying processes, procedures or services available.
- Coordinates all clerical functions within the department and serves as timekeeper for the department using the timekeeping system, performing all related tasks and maintaining all documentation for audit purposes.
- Audits invoices to ensure mathematical accuracy, billings are in accordance with contract terms, and goods were received.
- Ensures compliance with applicable statute, rules and fiscal procedures, and that all necessary administrative approvals are present to prepare a payment voucher.
- Assists in the agency cost allocation process, which includes CATS (Cost Allocation Tracking System) corrections, alternative allocation recording, reporting and technical assistance.
- Performs general office duties such as filing, copying, sorting mail and answering telephones.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of progressively responsible secretarial or programmatic experience in an office setting involving typing, computer work and/or other specialized training.
- Extensive knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of personal computers and software packages with proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel).
- Working knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Some college or technical training.
- Experience coordinating clerical and office procedures for a large department.