|Student Care Investigator (Consultant #1767, 1768, 1769, 1770, 1771, 1772)|
|1767, 1768, 1769, 1770, 1771, 1772|
|Springfield or Chicago|
|$40,670 - $50,201|
|$40,670 - $65,672|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|December 18, 2020|
|Open Until Filled|
Reporting to the Director, conducts preliminary investigations into inquiries and complaints from parents, students, community members and others; provides professional and technical support to departmental staff in the implementation of programs and processes that protect students, support inclusion and ensure safe and healthy learning environments.
- Performs preliminary investigations into inquiries and complaints from parents, students, community members and others regarding meeting needs of the whole child.
- Under identified parameters, refers investigative findings to staff both within and outside the department.
- Provides general support to parents and students with respect to ensuring that the children’s developmental and cognitive skills are met for each and every student in Illinois.
- Under identified parameters, investigates information on topics of priority for the department including, but not limited to, student discipline, bullying, inclusion and time-out and physical restraint.
- Operates and maintains an investigation system for data entry of complaints, resolutions and referrals to other staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Education field, Business Administration, Public Administration, Communications, Research, Data Analysis or a related field. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to define problems and apply problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to act in concert with and in support of a professional team.
- Experience in or with public schools.
- Proficient in Spanish.