|Administrative Assistant (Legal) (Administrative Assistant III #832)|
|$33,895 - $46,606|
|$33,895 - $59,317|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|January 8, 2021|
|Open Until Filled|
Reporting to the Legal Officer, provides administrative and specialized office support to the Legal Officer and professional staff in the department. Gathers information and responds to inquiries, exercising judgment in conducting involved searches and applies general knowledge of department and agency operations in responding to inquiries.
- Coordinates appointments, meetings and travel schedule of the Legal Officer and professional staff.
- Prepares itineraries and travel reimbursement claims.
- Serves as a liaison with departments.
- Serves as a liaison with administrative services on behalf of department with respect to equipment, utilities, telephones, fax machines, etc.
- Supports educator misconduct team in the Legal Department, including preparing legal documents.
- Reviews responses to legal documents, such as subpoenas.
- Researches criminal records.
- Assists team with docketing, calendaring and tracking systems.
- Makes phone calls as requested by attorneys.
- Maintains and completes MIDAS (Management Information Database Accounting System) functions for approved department activities including the preparation of contract authorization forms, processing of vouchers and preparing related records and reports.
- Assists with budget management.
- Serves as department timekeeper.
- Maintains attendance files.
- Prepares monthly timesheets for professional staff.
- Processes phone calls and inquiries.
- Provides information and/or assistance to the agency and constituents.
- Assists with producing a variety of correspondence, reports or other information for Legal Officer and professional staff.
- Signs letters or other documents as authorized in the absence of the Legal Officer.
- Assembles and maintains a filing system/network/records for all items including confidential items.
- At the direction of the Legal Officer, assists with audit requests.
- Researches and provides information and support for negotiation of collective bargaining agreements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma.
- Two years of progressively responsible administrative support experience performing duties such as complex typing, computer work, personnel functions, fiscal procedures and other specialized activities.
- Extensive knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret policies and processes.
- Ability to type 50 wpm.
- Some college or technical training.
- Private/executive secretarial experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint.