|Child Nutrition Claims and Grants Specialist (Fiscal Specialist III #1402)|
|Funding & Disbursements|
|$31,044 - $32,940|
|$31,044 - 57,696|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|January 11, 2021|
|Open Until Filled|
Reporting to the Director, processes all child nutrition financial claims via the web-based Illinois Nutrition System (WINS) as well as state and federal budget applications, amendments and expenditure reports for payment processing in the Financial Reimbursement Information System (FRIS).
- Processes all child nutrition financial claims via the web-based Illinois Nutrition System (WINS) as well as process all payments via the Financial Reimbursement Information System (FRIS) to all providers, public and nonpublic, according to required timelines and procedures.
- Provides technical assistance to all external clientele regarding child nutrition programs and claims submissions by phone and correspondence, and refers clients to internal program staff in the child nutrition department as necessary.
- Functions as the primary staff person responsible for various state and federal programs administered in the FRIS as assigned by the director. This involves:
- loading allotments, budgets, amendments, payment schedules and expenditure reports;
- correcting errors in data submitted;
- processing payments and vouchers;
- preparing and distributing correspondence and related forms;
- providing technical assistance to clients concerning project records, reports and procedures;
- performing a variety of complex functions in regards to federal FRIS programs including, but not limited to, monitoring program and project grants (current year and carryover) for correctness, recalculating and adjusting grant information as necessary; monitoring federal grant year payments to ensure that the oldest grant year is being utilized; performing grant year voucher corrections as necessary to avoid lapsing federal dollars.
- Provides technical assistance concerning state and federal grant programs and specific project records to client groups via telephone, email and written correspondence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of experience working with programs that require an application and/or claim.
- Experience in providing written and verbal technical assistance to client groups.
- Knowledge of using computer programs that process financial data.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Ability to organize and process multiple documents.
- Experience processing state or federal grant applications.