|Project Manager (Project Manager #1639)|
|Springfield or Chicago|
|$67,051 - $92,195|
|$67,051 - $117,339|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|January 11, 2021|
|Open Until Filled|
Use your project management expertise to support two million students across the state of Illinois! ISBE is looking for talented, dedicated, and driven project managers to join our project management team. Our project managers are critical in ensuring projects are performed on time, on budget, and within scope. In this role, you will ensure that projects align with ISBE's vision, mission, and goals by managing and monitoring multiple projects' scope, milestones, tasks, timelines, dependencies, communication, budgets, and expenses. You will collaborate in a team environment with executives, project sponsors, and other key internal and external stakeholders. In this role, you will be critical in furthering the development and implementation of project management practices throughout the agency. This position reports to the Director.
- Manages and monitors project scope, time, cost, quality, resources, risks, issues and communications.
- Performs tasks necessary to develop materials and successfully plan, execute and close projects including, but not limited to, tasks necessary to develop and maintain project scope, work breakdown structures (WBS), project schedules, risk management plans, communication plans, risk and issue logs, project reports, project change management documentation, quality management plans and lessons learned.
- Works with project sponsor and stakeholders to establish teams.
- Ensures operating structure and norms are established for the teams.
- Keeps the teams organized and informed of the work and associated timelines.
- Keeps teams focused and on task.
- Creates meeting agendas and follows-up with meeting minutes and resulting action items.
- Assists in the development and implementation of project management practices throughout the agency.
- Mentors and trains other ISBE team members in project management best practices and tools.
- Assists in the development and scoring of requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for sealed proposals (RFSPs).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One of the following degrees: Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Information Technology (IT) or Computer Science plus three years of experience as a project manager in the last eight years; or a Bachelor's Degree in any field plus four years of experience as a project manager in the last eight years; or an Associate's Degree in any field plus six years of experience as a project manager in the last eight years required. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing enterprise-wide initiatives and projects.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing multiple large-scale projects simultaneously.
- Strong team building and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Ability to create and inspire cohesive and energetic project teams.
- Ability to foster and facilitate creative thinking in a team environment.
- Skilled in mentoring project team members.
- Skilled at keeping teams organized, informed, focused, and on task.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining teams with clear roles and responsibilities.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure, lead and manage projects in a fast-paced, dynamic, and time-sensitive environment.
- Skilled in understanding and navigating complex processes.
- Skilled in determining scope and clarifying ambiguity.
- Skilled in long-term planning and scheduling.
- Skilled in risk and issue management.
- Skilled in written and oral communications.
- Skilled in analytical/critical thinking and problem solving.
- Skilled in project and performance reporting.
- Skilled in process/performance improvement and change management skills.
- Skilled in budgeting, time management and resource management.
- Skilled in facilitating meetings with clear objectives and following up with resulting action items.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively both individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification(s).
- Government, education and/or IT project management experience.
- Applying waterfall, agile and hybrid methodologies.
- Applying lean/six sigma methodologies.
- Auditing project management experience.
- Data governance experience.
- Managing projects containing personally identifiable information.
- Providing project management training.
- Writing and scoring Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and/or Requests for Sealed Proposals (RFSPs).