|Grant Reviewer (Principal Consultant #214)|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|November 2, 2021|
|Open Until Filled|
In order to safeguard the health and safety of its employees (and those with whom its employees come into contact), the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE or Agency) requires that all of its employees, with certain exceptions, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by November 15, 2021. View ISBE's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and the FAQs on this policy.
Reporting to the Director, provides services for the fiscal and programmatic implementation and monitoring of state and federally funded education programs. Coordinates and/or participates as a member of a team of Consultants in the development and/or revision of program guidelines, Requests for Proposal (RFPs), rules, procedures and the provision of technical assistance and oversight, etc., to ensure the effective implementation of the programs. Provides technical assistance to program participants regarding implementation of the programs, and seeks to improve the quality of their programs.
- Assists in implementing and monitoring state and federally funded grant programs to ensure their effectiveness and compliance with all applicable programmatic and fiscal regulations.
- Provides technical assistance to district personnel, assisting in the promulgation/revision of program rules and regulations and their implementation and monitoring to ensure effective fiscal and programmatic management.
- Conducts and participates in workshops, conferences, committees and task forces to disseminate information and to guide agency policy development regarding implementation of grant programs.
- Develops, prepares and disseminates program related materials such as applications/RFPs, instructions for completion of applications, program monitoring probes and other materials that assist school district staff in successful implementation of programs.
- Serves as the agency representative and provides technical assistance regarding collection and reporting of State Performance Plan data, including the development and implementation of activities associated with indicators of the State Performance Plan.
- Assists in the accomplishment of the department's regulatory functions of general supervision, including compliance reviews, complaint investigations, policy and procedures reviews, and others as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree, or, a Bachelor's Degree plus two years of relevant professional experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Two years of experience (in addition to education requirements) in education, policy analysis, program evaluation, assessment, budgets, grants management, business, or staff development.
- Fiscal knowledge of state and federal grant programs.
- Ability to provide technical assistance using collaborative approach.
- Ability to present complex information to groups.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience as an educator or administrator.
- Experience in the delivery of professional development.
- Experience with budgets.
- Experience in Elementary or Secondary Education in the last five years.