|Web Systems/SharePoint Administrator (Principal Consultant #102)|
|Technology Support & Infrastructure|
|Lane 4 – Minimum Salary $3,946|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Open Until Filled|
ISBE is looking for experienced talent to add to our IT team! This position will work collaboratively with IT staff to manage ISBE’s web presence and SharePoint environments. This position will be part of a dynamic and innovative team responsible for providing the infrastructure necessary to support sophisticated education technology architecture. This position functions under general supervision and reports to an IT Division Supervisor.
- Supports, configures, develops, troubleshoots and manages the overall health of ISBE’s web presence and SharePoint infrastructure.
- Maintains and administers SharePoint services, including search, content hub, business intelligence and workflows.
- Develops, configures and maintains document libraries, enterprise lists and site collections.
- Maintains operating system, SharePoint patches, service packs and cumulative updates.
- Provides, installs and administers production, development and testing environments for web services, report servers, FTP servers, media servers and load balancers that serve the ISBE public web presence.
- Handles various web administrative duties, including configuration, server performance, application performance monitoring/tuning, log management, security scanning and traffic analysis.
- Assists developers with content deployment, site moves/copies and works collaboratively on web presence and SharePoint projects.
- Manages SharePoint end user accounts, permissions and access rights in accordance with privacy and security best-practices.
- Defines, implements and manages retention policies for document libraries and network archiving.
- Assists with software development project plans, including scope, schedule and implementation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One of the following degrees (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION):
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other specific IT or computer field, plus two years of relevant professional experience; or
- Bachelor's Degree in any field, plus four years of relevant professional experience; or
- Associate's Degree in any field plus six years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience with SharePoint fundamentals including out of the box web parts, lists, content types and workflows.
- Demonstrated understanding of SharePoint administration.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server configurations.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to quickly master new tools and technologies.
- Ability to work independently on issues and projects and to participate cooperatively on group projects.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Web server farm administration with a concentration on Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 and greater.
- Microsoft.net and classic ASP application configurations including application pooling, SSL certifications, session state, caching, and forms authentication of both secure and non-secure web servers.
- Web application architectures for N-Tier applications.
- Relational database and operating systems experience with SQL Server database, SSRS integration and reporting solutions.
- Understanding of Windows Server Administration as related to reporting server configurations.
- General knowledge of networking – IP, DNS, and load balancing.
- General understanding of the management of service applications, web applications, site collection administration, and backup/restore.
- Experience using SharePoint designer and deploying solutions.