|Enterprise Software Architect (Systems Analyst, Principal #1798)|
|$59,220 - $81,427|
|$59,220 - $103,635|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|March 22, 2022|
|Open Until Filled|
In order to safeguard the health and safety of its employees (and those with whom its employees come into contact), the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE or Agency) requires that all of its employees, with certain exceptions, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by November 15, 2021. View ISBE's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and the FAQs on this policy.
Reporting to a Supervisor, this position will be in charge of reviewing all applications within ISBE and setting up standards for coding and formatting. Participates in developing long-term strategic plans for software applications and looks at consolidation of older applications along with researching new ones; assists with the onboarding of department resources to ensure development standards and production release procedures are known and followed.
- Drives change from within IT through communication with teams regarding processes, standards, and culture.
- Reviews code prior to production release to ensure ISBE development standards are being met.
- Provides architectural blueprints, roadmaps, conceptual diagrams, documentation, and technical leadership to IT teams.
- Conducts summits with technologists, dev teams, and business unit staff to identify opportunities for innovation and to facilitate technology consistency within the organization.
- Evaluates and recommends tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform, and ease of use for the end user.
- Collaborates with peer organizations, quality assurance and end users to produce cutting-edge software solutions.
- Provides mapping for future of applications at ISBE, both short- and long-term.
- Assists with the review and response to reports concerning penetration testing and audits.
- Analyzes existing applications for consolidating and improvement.
- Supports a vendor selection and analysis process by evaluating vendor architecture fit within the ISBE ecosystem.
- Provides actionable ideas for innovation and business capability development using independent research and analysis of industry and technology trends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other IT related field and at least 10 years of experience performing development and application analysis work. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- At least 10 years of experience in, and a solid understanding of, software development, coding for large scale web or client-server applications and design and development of application service layers.
- Experience using Microsoft products which include Azure DevOps (team foundation server), Visual Studio, SQL, SRSS, Teams, Word, and Excel.
- Experience using Crystal Reports.
- Experience with database design and data modeling.
- Knowledge of both LAN and web-based application formats.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead effectively.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies.
- Extensive understanding of architectural styles and design patterns.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science and at least 12 years of experience performing development and application analysis work.
- Professional certification in software architecture, frameworks, or languages.
- Experience designing and implementing cloud infrastructure, platforms, and applications.
- Knowledge of cloud-based application design and implementation.
ISBE provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We actively foster a culture of inclusion and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Illinois has an urgent and collective responsibility to achieve educational equity by ensuring that all policies, programs, and practices affirm the strengths that each and every child brings within their diverse backgrounds and life experiences, and by delivering the comprehensive supports, programs, and educational opportunities they need to succeed.