|Program Support (Program Specialist II #1552)|
|Springfield or Chicago|
|$33,000 - $35,000|
|$33,000 - $58,000|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|April 1, 2022|
|Open Until Filled|
In order to safeguard the health and safety of its employees (and those with whom its employees come into contact), the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE or Agency) requires that all of its employees, with certain exceptions, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by November 15, 2021. View ISBE's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and the FAQs on this policy.
Reporting to the Supervisor, is responsible for clerical functions within the department of Special Education Programmatic Support.
- Serves as receptionist for the department.
- Provides clerical support to staff and management such as answering phones, performing data entry, printing and mailing letters, electronic communication, and maintaining records, required documentation, and audit files.
- Performs administrative support services and functions to assist the Supervisor and Principal Consultants responsible for Residential Room and Board Reimbursements approvals and the Nonpublic Special Education programs under Section 14-7.02 of the School Code, including gatekeeper responsibilities for a variety of database systems and provision of technical assistance to the field as needed.
- Performs administrative support services and functions to assist the Supervisor and Principal Consultants responsible for new special education cooperatives or cooperative withdrawals.
- Maintains the system to dispose of records within the department, including overall filing locations within the department and assisting staff in the transfer of records to the warehouse.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of progressively responsible secretarial or programmatic experience in an office setting involving typing, filing, and computer work or other specialized training.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent telephone and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Some college or technical training.
ISBE provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We actively foster a culture of inclusion and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Illinois has an urgent and collective responsibility to achieve educational equity by ensuring that all policies, programs, and practices affirm the strengths that each and every child brings within their diverse backgrounds and life experiences, and by delivering the comprehensive supports, programs, and educational opportunities they need to succeed.