|Administrative Assistant III (Administrative Assistant III #393)|
|$33,895 - $46,606|
|$33,895 - $59,317|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|May 13, 2022|
|Open Until Filled|
In order to safeguard the health and safety of its employees (and those with whom its employees come into contact), the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE or Agency) requires that all of its employees, with certain exceptions, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by November 15, 2021. View ISBE's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and the FAQs on this policy.
Reporting to the Financial Officer, will perform highly complex and skilled administrative support duties involving daily decision making and interpretation of office or program standards and policies.
- Reporting to the Financial Officer, will perform highly complex and skilled administrative support duties involving daily decision making and interpretation of office or program standards and policies.
- Provides support to the Financial Officer.
- Acts as liaison for the Director, the Financial Officer and other agency personnel by interpreting office procedures and policies.
- Processes numerous phone calls and inquiries for the department and the Financial Officer, and forwards calls to other agency personnel.
- Assists legislators, government officials and school personnel by answering questions and addressing preliminary concerns.
- Performs administrative tasks such as typing correspondence, reports, etc., utilizing a personal computer and various software packages.
- Processes confidential information routed through the budget office and through the office of the Financial Officer such as personnel records, grievances, timesheets, employee evaluations and other information pertaining to labor relations.
- Opens, organizes and prioritizes mail.
- Keeps a complete logging system of letters and forms for the Director's signature as well as for the Financial Officer's signature.
- Assembles and maintains a filing system for all materials other than confidential files.
- In coordination with the agency's records management coordinator, serves as department liaison for records management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of progressively responsible administrative support or programmatic experience in an office setting involving duties such as complex typing, computer work, personnel functions, fiscal procedures, and other specialized activities.
- Extensive knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Highly organized and able to comprehend and interpret policies and processes.
- Some college or technical training.
- Private/executive administrative support experience.
ISBE provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We actively foster a culture of inclusion and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Illinois has an urgent and collective responsibility to achieve educational equity by ensuring that all policies, programs, and practices affirm the strengths that each and every child brings within their diverse backgrounds and life experiences, and by delivering the comprehensive supports, programs, and educational opportunities they need to succeed.