|Senior Data Analyst (Principal Consultant #1833)|
|Springfield or Chicago|
|Data Strategies & Analytics|
|$55,251 - $69,821|
|$55,251 - $94,029|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|July 12, 2022|
|Open Until Filled|
In order to safeguard the health and safety of its employees (and those with whom its employees come into contact), the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE or Agency) requires that all of its employees, with certain exceptions, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by November 15, 2021. View ISBE's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and the FAQs on this policy.
Reporting to the Supervisor, will support Assessment Department and Software Solutions Student Information System (SIS) team in needs including, but not limited to, assessments data.
- Updates assessment data in database using T-SQL after receiving approval from Assessment Department.
- Creates pre-id vendor files, conducts internal validation analysis based on business rules from Assessment Department.
- Supports data strategies and analytics department data quality needs including, but not limited to, pulling assessment data sets using Assessment Department business rules to provide data for Assessment Department to target their district outreach efforts.
- Fulfills ad hoc data requests and data reports including, but not limited to, assessments data.
- Writes SQL code and/or performs computer statistical analysis of large complex data sets and databases using both the data warehouse and statistical packages (SAS Enterprise, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, or other software or statistical packages as needed by industry standard).
- Independently matches assessment score records to student SIS records to validate matching performed by SIS team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other field with quantitative emphasis, or, a Bachelor's Degree in one of the indicated fields, or other field, plus two years of relevant professional experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Experience or training in using relational database management systems such as SQL Server.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Commitment to public service and equity in schools.
- Coursework in statistics, quantitative research or research methodology.
- Experience in educational or public service context.
- Experience with educational data warehouses and report writers such as Crystal Reports.
- Recent business analysis, systems analysis, data collection and reporting experience working with large data files in a team setting.
- Knowledge of IT systems and proficiency in Transact SQL, SAS Enterprise/
- Proficiency with query tools and report writers.
- Knowledge of Azure/DevOps/Agile.
- Ability to use R or SAS software.
ISBE provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We actively foster a culture of inclusion and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Illinois has an urgent and collective responsibility to achieve educational equity by ensuring that all policies, programs, and practices affirm the strengths that each and every child brings within their diverse backgrounds and life experiences, and by delivering the comprehensive supports, programs, and educational opportunities they need to succeed.