|Administrative Support (Program Specialist II #1001)|
|Special Education Operational Support|
|$33,000 - $35,000|
|$33,000 - $58,000|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|July 15, 2022|
|Open Until Filled|
In order to safeguard the health and safety of its employees (and those with whom its employees come into contact), the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE or Agency) requires that all of its employees, with certain exceptions, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by November 15, 2021. View ISBE's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and the FAQs on this policy.
Reporting to the Director, provides administrative support to the Director and professional staff of the department. Daily work includes gathering information and responding to inquiries, decision making, interpretation and application of agency and department policies and procedures.
- Provides clerical support to the Director and department by finalizing a variety of correspondence, reports, and presentations; organizes and maintains department files.
- Answers telephones.
- Responds to inquiries requiring general knowledge of program operations.
- Assists with department conference planning.
- Schedules appointments.
- Makes travel and meeting arrangements and prepares expense claims.
- Maintains confidentiality for information related to personnel and department claims.
- Provides administrative support to assigned advisory councils, including scheduling meetings, preparation of minutes, and supporting the council chairperson.
- Maintains and completes Management Information Database Accounting System (MIDAS) functions for the department.
- Responsible for ordering, securing, and distributing supplies for department staff.
- Serves as department timekeeper, maintaining and completing attendance in timekeeping system.
- Prepares letters, memos, reports, tables, charts, forms, and special correspondence for department staff using the appropriate computer software.
- Proofreads and edits to ensure clerical accuracy.
- Provides information or assistance to agency staff, LEAs/cooperatives, and the general public concerning department activities.
- Applies general knowledge of agency operations, rules, and regulations in explaining or clarifying processes or services available.
- Maintains department calendar of events.
- Performs support functions for meetings, conferences and trainings.
- Serves as inventory clerk for the department, maintaining inventory records, documenting all inventory movements, and ensuring inventory control procedures are adhered to by staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of administrative support or programmatic experience in an office setting involving typing, computer work, and/or other specialized training.
- Extensive knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Some college or technical training.
- Experience coordinating clerical and office procedures for a large department.
ISBE provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We actively foster a culture of inclusion and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Illinois has an urgent and collective responsibility to achieve educational equity by ensuring that all policies, programs, and practices affirm the strengths that each and every child brings within their diverse backgrounds and life experiences, and by delivering the comprehensive supports, programs, and educational opportunities they need to succeed.