|Senior Data Analyst (Principal Consultant #1754)|
|Springfield or Chicago|
|Data Strategies & Analytics|
|$55,251 - $69,821|
|$55,251 - $94,029|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|July 18, 2022|
|Open Until Filled|
In order to safeguard the health and safety of its employees (and those with whom its employees come into contact), the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE or Agency) requires that all of its employees, with certain exceptions, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by November 15, 2021. View ISBE's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and the FAQs on this policy.
Reporting to the Supervisor, develops data collection, cleaning, and compilation processes; writes reports; develops presentations; and supports the data analysis needs of assigned program departments.
- Supports the data collection and request needs of assigned program departments by completing the data collection agenda for the assigned departments. May include designing data collection processes and compiling data from databases.
- Supports the data reporting needs of assigned program departments by completing the data reporting agenda for the assigned departments. May include writing reports, presentations and other data summaries.
- Serves as a data steward for assigned departments, working with Information Technology and program staff to ensure data for the assigned departments are complete and of high quality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration, Psychology or Education (with substantial coursework in computer science, data science, mathematics or statistics), or, Bachelor's Degree in one of these fields plus one year of relevant professional experience required. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- One year of experience compiling and cleaning data from databases.
- Experience writing reports and developing presentations describing the results of data analysis and/or experience with descriptive statistics.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and SAS/R/other statistical software.
- Proficiency with SQL.
- Ability to identify issues with data completeness and quality.
- Superior writing skills and strong visual communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Creativity and ability to work collaboratively.
- Experience working with large data sets.
- Experience developing linear and multi-level models.
- Proficiency in ARC GIS or other mapping software.
- Knowledge of any of the following areas: early childhood education, special education, English language learning, teacher and leader effectiveness, assessment, accountability, demographics, post-secondary readiness, gifted and talented, or school performance.
ISBE provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We actively foster a culture of inclusion and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Illinois has an urgent and collective responsibility to achieve educational equity by ensuring that all policies, programs, and practices affirm the strengths that each and every child brings within their diverse backgrounds and life experiences, and by delivering the comprehensive supports, programs, and educational opportunities they need to succeed.