|Processing of School District Financial Reports and Grant Reviewer (Consultant #1678)|
|School Business Services|
|$42,705 - $52,156|
|$42,705 - $67,121|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|July 18, 2022|
|Open Until Filled|
In order to safeguard the health and safety of its employees (and those with whom its employees come into contact), the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE or Agency) requires that all of its employees, with certain exceptions, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by November 15, 2021. View ISBE's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and the FAQs on this policy.
Reporting to the Director, assists with the analysis, processing, and review of the annual financial reports; provides school financial assistance by phone and workshops; and participates on special projects and annual financial report teams; provides assistance to the review, systems management, and administration for maintenance, energy efficiency, and school construction grant programs.
- Assists with the development, analysis, processing and reconciling of local education agencies' Annual Financial Report (AFR), budgets, and Annual Statement of Affairs (ASA) data.
- Generates state and federal expenditure totals.
- Prepares statistical data for state, federal reports, and publications.
- Conducts trend analysis of educational data, school district financial profile, iLearn, report card, NCES admission, special education expenditure report, operating expense per pupil and other reporting as requested.
- Provides school financial technical assistance to school district officials, auditing firms and taxpayers as needed.
- Presents at seminars and workshops.
- Provides assistance with the amendment to regulations, instructions, and electronic processes for school maintenance, energy efficiency grants, and school construction grants.
- Reviews and approves grants for eligibility and funding.
- Provides assistance for charter school analysis and approval.
- Assists with the drafting, analyzing and review of proposed legislation.
- Assists with analysis of the school code.
- Conducts research regarding legislation and education processes.
- Collects and approves applications for school board trainers.
- Assists with the collection and compiling of data for the capital needs of all school districts for reporting to the General Assembly.
- Serves as the liaison between the web development team and departments.
- Maintains all current information on School Business Services department website.
- In coordination with the agency's records management coordinator, serves as department liaison for records management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Proficient in Excel.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- A knowledge base of finance, business management, or accounting.
- Working knowledge of Access.
ISBE provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We actively foster a culture of inclusion and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Illinois has an urgent and collective responsibility to achieve educational equity by ensuring that all policies, programs, and practices affirm the strengths that each and every child brings within their diverse backgrounds and life experiences, and by delivering the comprehensive supports, programs, and educational opportunities they need to succeed.