|Network Administrator (Senior Systems Administrator #1356)|
|Technology Support & Infrastructure|
|$64,996 - $86,119|
|$64,996 - $107,243|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|August 26, 2022|
|Open Until Filled|
Reporting to the Supervisor, performs the role of Network Administrator and provides the day-to-day management of ISBE information technology and infrastructure networking projects. This position also incorporates portions of infrastructure operations into the role. This position may require limited travel and afterhours work.
- Directs the agency's networking processes.
- Maintains agency firewalls configuration and rules.
- Maintains the agency's IPS to detect and prevent malicious attacks on ISBE's network.
- Configures and implements core and edge switches and maintains DNS and DHCP server connectivity.
- Serves as the secure FTP administrator.
- Performs the role of network administrator and subject matter expert in the areas of configuration, installation, maintenance, patch management, and upgrade of network equipment.
- Tracks and maintains agency security authority certificates on all public facing web servers.
- Maintains and secures ISBE's wireless network infrastructure.
- Develops and implements sound business solutions that meet IT objectives, increase efficiencies, conserve resources, and result in agency cost savings for IT support and maintenance.
- Creates and maintains current project schedules and timelines using a project tracking system to ensure milestones are met.
- Hosts appropriate meetings.
- Provides guidance, direction, and training to project team members.
- Maintains strong communications with IT management and end users.
- Researches, develops, tests, and implements new technologies and recommends software, hardware, equipment, and best practices/approaches/methodologies that enhance IT performance capabilities.
- Identifies areas of potential risk and recommends remediation.
- Works with TAT/VDI administrator to assist in port location and switch configuration changes on all new VDI thin client deployments.
- Provides reports and metrics as needed to support operational requirements and growth planning.
- Deploy new virtual servers/appliances, including domain controllers, DNS, and DHCP servers.
- Maintains web servers and web farm environment.
- Creates and maintains network load balancer rules.
- Responsible for tracking, requesting, and replacing SSL certificates.
- Prepares cost analysis and justification documentation in support of proposals submitted to it for approval.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree, or a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other specific IT computer field plus two years of relevant professional experience as a network administrator, lead worker, or project lead in an infrastructure environment. Candidates with degrees in other fields may qualify with two additional years of experience in network architecture design and troubleshooting. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Experience at an advanced level that demonstrates increasing responsibility in: 1) administrating network architecture, including the design, delivery, protection, and management of cisco switches; 2) managing VLANs, port rules, firewall implementations and best practices, intrusion protection system setup and maintenance; 3) diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, operating systems, and network component problems, including the diagnosis/isolation/resolution of trouble issues attributable to each; and 4) the planning, design, testing, installation, and/or connection of network equipment including wireless networking, fiber channel switching and traditional copper based switches.
- Experience with active directory, DNS, DHCP.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise, and thorough methods, process, and procedure documentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated self-reliance and resourcefulness.
- Knowledge of project management principles and best practices.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and to prioritize multiple assignments while completing both short-term and long-term assignments.
- Ability to think logically to interpret problems and present results with clarity and precision.
- Ability to research technologies and evaluate software/hardware/system alternatives and present logical, cost-effective justifications.
- Ability to translate complex, technical information into common terms.
- Ability to effectively blend technical expertise with project coordination and administration.
- Ability to establish and consistently apply policies and procedures compliant with it security measures.
- Experience with cisco OS command line.
- Cisco CCNA certification.
- Experience with vSPHERE. (virtual networks, distributed switches, NXS).
ISBE provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We actively foster a culture of inclusion and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Illinois has an urgent and collective responsibility to achieve educational equity by ensuring that all policies, programs, and practices affirm the strengths that each and every child brings within their diverse backgrounds and life experiences, and by delivering the comprehensive supports, programs, and educational opportunities they need to succeed.