|Financial Consultant / Grant Reviewer (Consultant #1677)|
|School Business Services|
|$42,705 - $52,156|
|$55,251 - $69,821|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|September 19, 2022|
|Open Until Filled|
Reporting to the Director, assists with the analysis, processing, and review of the annual financial reports, budgets, and annual statements of affairs; provides school financial assistance by phone and workshops; participates on special projects and annual financial report teams; provides assistance to the review, systems management, and administration for maintenance, energy efficiency, and school construction grant programs.
- Assists with the development, analysis, processing and reconciling of local education agencies' Annual Financial Report (AFR), budgets, and Annual Statement of Affairs (ASA) data.
- Generates state and federal expenditure totals. prepares statistical data for state and federal reports, and publications.
- Conducts trend analysis of educational data, school district financial profile, ILEARN, report card, NCES admission, special education expenditure report, operating expense per pupil and other reporting as requested.
- Provides school financial technical assistance to school district officials, auditing firms and taxpayers as needed.
- Presents at seminars and workshops.
- Provides assistance with the amendment to regulations, instructions, and electronic processes for school maintenance, energy efficiency grants and school construction grants.
- Reviews and approves grants for eligibility and funding.
- Provides assistance for charter school analysis and approval.
- Assists with the drafting, analyzing and review of proposed legislation.
- Assists with analysis of the school code.
- Conducts research regarding legislation and education processes.
- Assists with the collection and compiling of data for the capital needs of all school districts for reporting to the general assembly.
- Serves as the liaison between the web development team and department.
- Maintains all current information on the school business services department website.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of finance, business management, or accounting.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access.
ISBE provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We actively foster a culture of inclusion and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Illinois has an urgent and collective responsibility to achieve educational equity by ensuring that all policies, programs, and practices affirm the strengths that each and every child brings within their diverse backgrounds and life experiences, and by delivering the comprehensive supports, programs, and educational opportunities they need to succeed.