|Springfield or Chicago Office|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Open Until Filled|
The Illinois State Board of Education Professional Capital Internship program offers energetic and highly-motivated undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to gain experience with the Agency that serves the Illinois State K-12 educational system.
This internship will integrate academic study with Agency responsibilities. Interns must possess self-motivation to permit professional development. Placements will be assigned throughout divisions within the Agency in areas such as Assessment and Accountability, Budget and Financial Management, Communications, Career and Technical Education, Educator Effectiveness, Federal and State Monitoring, Fiscal Support Services, Funding and Disbursements, Human Resources and Labor Relations, Information Technology, Internal Audit, Legal, Nutrition and Wellness, School Business Services or Special Education Services.
All interns will complete an Internship Agreement with the Illinois State Board of Education, pass a background check, participate in Orientation process and complete an Internship Experience Assessment.
- Independently researches and prepares for review, policy documents, grant proposals, instructions, notices, memorandums, general rules and operating procedures as requested
- Assists in preparing monitoring systems, spreadsheets, budgets, transactions, etc.
- Conducts audits and/or program evaluations
- Maintains records and logs as directed by Management
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled in an accredited higher educational institution pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in the following fields: Accountancy, Business, Career and Technical Education, Education, English as a Second Language, Human Resources, Information Technology, Nutrition and Wellness, Special Education or other related field.
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Contribute to decision-making as part of a team
- Time management and multitasking skills
- Experience with Microsoft Suite and web-based platforms
- Undergraduate junior, senior or graduate student