|Accountant (Principal Consultant #187)|
|Fiscal Support Services|
|$55,251 - $69,821|
|$55,251 - $94,029|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|September 7, 2023|
|Open Until Filled|
Reporting to the Director, performs complex accounting functions including, but not limited to, system design and review, accounts receivables, complex reconciliations, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) reporting, and financial statement preparation; provides guidance and advice on matters of fund reconciliations, auditor liaison activities, Management Information Data Accounting System (MIDAS) report design and maintenance, and acts as senior accountant in regards to the Agency's financial processes.
- Oversees GAAP reporting and the preparation of agency financial statements and related supplementary information.
- Examines, analyzes, and researches complex fiscal related issues.
- Develops and implements fiscal policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements a process for agency accounts receivables.
- Monitors all fiscal systems both internal and external for needed improvements.
- Serves as liaison to the data system department.
- Analyzes user system requirements, designs system specifications, develops project methodology, coordinates system and procedure conversion and implementation, and monitors financial data prepared by agency accounting systems.
- Reviews and develops financial procedures as a result of auditor findings or recommendations to comply with risk assessment and better business practices.
- Works with the Illinois Office of the Comptroller (IOC) and other internal agency departments to complete weekly backlog report, monthly debt transparency report, monthly Board report, and quarterly accounts receivable report.
- Analyzes and researches any significant variances in the reporting.
- Performs reconciliation of agency appropriations with the State Comptroller and performs reconciliation of available federal grant funds with applicable federal agencies.
- Completes special projects as assigned by the Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business plus two years of relevant professional experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Two years of experience (in addition to education requirements) in an accounting or auditing environment.
- Experience with reconciliations and financial statement preparation.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of fiscal procedures.
- Working knowledge of automated database systems used to prepare or process accounting related transactions or reports.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Master's degree in Business or Accounting.
- Experience with governmental accounting or auditing.
- GAAP reporting experience.
- Experience with SAMS preferred.
- Working knowledge of SAMS and SAMS warehouse systems.
ISBE provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We actively foster a culture of inclusion and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Illinois has an urgent and collective responsibility to achieve educational equity by ensuring that all policies, programs, and practices affirm the strengths that each and every child brings within their diverse backgrounds and life experiences, and by delivering the comprehensive supports, programs, and educational opportunities they need to succeed.