|Program Support (Program Specialist I #1047)|
|School Business Services|
|$31,000 - $33,000|
|$31,000 - $58,000|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|September 8, 2023|
|Open Until Filled|
Reporting to the Supervisor, provides support functions for the department professional staff and performs a variety of clerical tasks including answering phones and directing calls, opening and routing mail, and maintaining department records. Work hours are 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
- Performs general office duties including answering the main phone line for the department, providing callers with information about department programs and website.
- Performs a variety of clerical functions including preparing correspondence and reports using Microsoft Office applications.
- Prepares logs for and organizes and maintains all materials for the annual financial reports and administrative cost worksheets.
- Assists with the school district financial profiles.
- Logs in and uploads data received from school districts' annual financial reports and budgets.
- Drafts letters to regional superintendents of delinquent 10-year safety surveys and annual reports that are required to be submitted to ISBE.
- Prepares correspondence and reports and maintains logs for health/life and safety amendments, health/life and safety 10-year surveys, regional superintendent annual reports, building inspector and plan reviewer approval/renewals, and health/life and safety facility inventory system, school construction grants, energy efficiency grants, and school maintenance grants.
- Opens, sorts, and distributes incoming mail and routes outgoing mail.
- Keyboards, files, copies, faxes, and collates documents.
- In coordination with the Agency's records management coordinator, serves as department liaison for records management.
- Orders and maintains supplies for staff.
- Maintains and updates ROE Superintendent labels.
- Maintains weekly itineraries for department staff.
- Maintains staff personnel files.
- Creates and processes work requests for printing.
- Mails weekly correspondence to field staff.
- Serves as back-up to the Director's assistant.
- Serves as timekeeper for the department, performing all related tasks and maintaining all documentation for audit purposes.
- Makes travel arrangements.
- Sets up and coordinates scheduling of meetings for the Director and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Secretarial or programmatic experience in an office setting involving multi-line phone systems, filing, and computer work.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft word and excel.
- Ability to maintain clerical records.
- Ability to understand/follow varied oral/written instructions.
ISBE provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We actively foster a culture of inclusion and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Illinois has an urgent and collective responsibility to achieve educational equity by ensuring that all policies, programs, and practices affirm the strengths that each and every child brings within their diverse backgrounds and life experiences, and by delivering the comprehensive supports, programs, and educational opportunities they need to succeed.