|Finance and Business Services (Principal Consultant #1248)|
|North/Central IL - Winnebago, Ogle, LaSalle, Lee, Dekalb Counties|
|School Business Services|
|Lane 4 – Minimum Salary $3,946|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Open Until Filled|
This position provides specialized consultative services in the primary areas of finance and business services. (This position will work primarily in Winnebago, Ogle, LaSalle, Lee, or DeKalb county. Residency for this position is required within one of these counties to commence no later than 30 days following date of hire.) This position reports to the Division Administrator.
- Provides technical assistance to Regional Offices of Education (ROEs), district personnel, other administrative entities, and agency staff using a variety of indicators (e.g., annual financial report data, financial assurance and accountability system data, financial profile information, etc.).
- Serves as primary contact on financial matters related to cost analysis, business management, general facilities information (e.g., maintenance and capital issues) and budget development, including all aspects of revenues, (e.g., state aid, transportation, special education, vocational education, etc.), short and long-term debt expenditures and financial reporting.
- Conducts financial and trend analysis of school districts and other administrative entities, particularly financially distressed districts (e.g., oversight panel monitoring) to track their fiscal solvency and compliance with rules, regulations and generally accepted accounting procedures.
- Assists in the ongoing development, implementation and assessment of training, technological capacity and technical assistance procedures to assist ROEs, school district personnel and other administrative entities improve their financial management practices.
- Recommends the development of broad, state-wide financial management and fiscal policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations for technological systems development at the division level.
- Functions as a team member and/or team leader for diverse agency, center, and division teams.
- Coordinates fiscal, staffing and material resources to complete assigned projects.
- Coordinates efforts with interdisciplinary team members for the completion of assigned projects for divisional activities.
- Monitors projects and activities of team members.
- Assists so that projects are on schedule and completed with assigned timelines.
- Collects and analyzes data and compiles reports for review, executive approval and implementation.
- Applies technical expertise in areas of accounting and financial management to research, develop and implement project assignments.
- Assists in the development of divisional information systems and the gathering of division planning data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Auditing, or School Business Management or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting plus two years of relevant professional experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Two years of professional experience (in addition to education requirements) in accounting, auditing, or school business management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting, auditing, and financial management practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of resources allocation and project coordination involving teams.
- Knowledge of school business financial practices and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of information systems.
- Extensive knowledge of computers, database, and spreadsheet applications.
- Demonstrated ability in accounting, auditing, and financial management.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to define problems and apply problem-solving techniques to complex issues.
- Travel required.