It's never too early to start planning for the cost of your future. Whether you need to pay for tuition, books, or living expenses, this page has resources to help you learn how to fund your future.
- Illinois Reality Check app
- This app from the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) is a "lifestyle calculator." Learn if the career you're considering will support an independent lifestyle.
- ISAC Paying for College
- ISAC is the ultimate resource for information on financial aid and college planning in Illinois. From their Paying for College page, you can access information on types of financial aid, tips on applying for financial aid, and more. ISAC also has a multitude of "calculators" like the FAFSA4caster to estimate your financial aid eligibility and the Monthly Payment Estimates Calculator to estimate monthly student loan payments.
- ISAC Scholarships Page
- There are so many scholarship websites out there, but let this page from ISAC be your first stop. Learn tips on how to avoid financial scams and learn about several Illinois-specific scholarship programs for teachers, nurses, and more.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- The FAFSA is your key to financial aid! It is a FREE application that should be completed as soon as possible after October 1 of each year beginning the year prior to your first year of college. The FAFSA website has more than just the online application though. Find out more about financial aid, information on college costs, deadlines, and more.
- Federal Student Aid (US Department of Education)
- If ISAC is the ultimate resource for Illinois student aid, then the FSA website is the ultimate resource for federal student aid. This website can help you prepare for college, learn about types of financial aid, determine if you qualify, apply for aid, and manage your loans. Check out these helpful resources from the FSA website:
This page has been archived. The content on this page may no longer be in effect.