Getting Started with School Improvement for Targeted Schools
What does support for Targeted Schools look like?
- Access to all School Improvement resources posted on the website
- Access to support from an IL-EMPOWER Coordinator via the helpline
ESSA Requirements for Targeted Schools
LEAs must in partnership with stakeholders, including school leaders, teachers, and parents, develop and implement an improvement plan that:
- Is based on a school-level needs assessment
- Includes goals to improve student outcomes
- Incudes evidence-based interventions
- Identifies resource inequities
- Is approved annually by the LEA and the local board of education
- Is monitored by the LEA
- Results in additional action following unsuccessful implementation of the school improvement plan with a number of years, not to exceed four years, as determined by the LEA
Click on the Continuous School Improvement Process below for more resources!