The application materials must contain the following:
- An official application which must be received no later than the closing date(s) shown on this vacancy list. The application must include: The position title(s) for which you are applying; and, the inventory number of each position applied for.
- A cover letter identifying your knowledge, skills, and abilities, and/or relevant coursework relevant to the position for which you are applying.
- A detailed resume describing the applicable knowledge, skills and experience.
- A copy of your transcript(s) if the position for which you are applying requires a degree(s). The original transcript(s) will be required if selected for the position.
Submit the completed application including all required information to:
Apply electronically with the required application, cover letter, resume, and transcripts. The subject line should include the position number(s) you are interested in.
You can also apply via mail:
Illinois State Board of Education
Division of Human Resources and Labor Relations (S-202)
100 North First Street
Springfield, IL 62777
Illinois State Board of Education provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- The "closing date" identified for each vacancy defines the date Human Resources will officially stop accepting applications and begin the screening/interviewing process. However, applications received after the "closing date" will be retained and may be considered if it has been determined the initial applicant pool did not produce a suitable candidate to be recommended for employment.
- Faxed copies of required materials will be accepted as a "temporary" replacement for original materials. Materials faxed on the date identified as the closing date will be accepted through the close of the work day, which is 5:00 p.m. Such faxed documents must be followed up and replaced by the original materials as soon as possible in order to receive full consideration. The fax number for Human Resources and Labor Relations is (217)524-0396.
- Applicants will be contacted if an interview is to be scheduled. Should an applicant have a number of applications pending when appointed to a position with ISBE, all such applications will be rescinded. However, if the applicant is a permanent employee of the agency and is selected for a lateral position, the lateral move will not rescind any pending applications for promotional positions.
- The Illinois State Board of Education is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. If you require a special accommodation in order to participate in the application or interview process, please call Human Resources and Labor Relations at (217)782-6434 or TTY (217)782-1900.
To Be Eligible:
- Current employees (AFSCME positions) if you have performed satisfactorily for at least six (6) months in your current assignment (or at the same administrative professional/subcategory level e.g. lateral appointments), you are eligible to apply for Operations positions listed.
- The Illinois State Board of Education has implemented the practice of using the services of an outside vendor to run a background check on any/all external applicants recommended for employment. Each applicant invited to an interview will be asked to sign a release that identifies the applicant is aware, and approves the agency to secure the background check, should the applicant be recommended for employment by the hiring administrator. Refusal to sign the release will result in the termination of consideration of the applicant. You should be advised that your employment with ISBE is conditioned upon the completion of background and reference checks satisfactory to ISBE and evidence that you are authorized to work in the United States.
- The salary identified for a specific vacancy is either Step 1 of the assigned salary lane or the minimum of the assigned salary range. The agency’s policy regarding applicants not currently employed by the agency is to employ new staff at such entry levels unless sufficient evidence is provided by the recommending authority to consider a higher rate.
Notice To Applicants Regarding Retirement Systems:
- Based on an agreement reached between officials of the Illinois Teachers’ Retirement System (TRS), and the Illinois State Board of Education, effective January 1, 1995, all new employees hired by the Illinois State Board of Education to fill professional and management positions shall contribute to TRS.