Out of School Time offers opportunities to enhance students’ social, emotional, behavioral, physical and academic competencies so that all students can succeed in school and beyond.
Out of School Time Programs that improve academic outcomes:
- provide a safe and supportive learning environment;
- maximize student participation and attendance;
- connect with school and classroom activities to achieve a shared mission of improving academic performance;
- deliver academic instruction in a way that responds to each student’s needs and engages them in learning; and
- assess program performance and use data to improve implementation.