The passage of the "No Child Left Behind Act of 2001" increased accountability and reporting requirements regarding student academic achievement. In order to better respond to these and other federal and state reporting requirements, ISBE and the IBM Corporation are in the process of developing and implementing a state-level student information system. Through the project students will be assigned a unique identification number. All data to and from the state will use that unique identifier. The use of individual student records will:
- increase the state's capacity to follow a student's progress over time;
- provide better quality data to drive more enlightened policy decisions resulting in enhanced educational opportunities for all children;
- reduce data collection burden on schools and districts; and
- enhance the use and relevance of state data by districts and schools.
2017 Spring SIS Assessment Update
- Welcome and Introductions
- EL Ceiling Calculator Grant
- SIS Updates
- Next Steps: Districts
- Key Dates
- ISBE SIS Resources
- ISBE Contact Information
- Questions & Answers
View System Requirements
Upcoming ISBE Student Information System Training
Upcoming SIS Webinars
- End of School Year 2017 and Planning for School Year 2018 - April 27, 2017, at 1:30 p.m.
This page has been archived. The content on this page may no longer be in effect.