The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) increased accountability and reporting requirements regarding student academic achievement. In order to better respond to these and other federal and state reporting requirements, ISBE and the IBM Corporation developed a state-level student information system. Through the project students will be assigned a unique identification number. All data to and from the state will use that unique identifier. The use of individual student records will:
- increase the state's capacity to follow a student's progress over time;
- provide better quality data to drive more enlightened policy decisions resulting in enhanced educational opportunities for all children;
- reduce data collection burden on schools and districts; and
- enhance the use and relevance of state data by districts and schools.
Planning for School Year 2019
Join us for a webinar on Sep 12, 2018, at 1:30 p.m.
- Welcome / Introductions
- September 28, 2018 - 4:00 p.m. Deadline
- ACCESS Site File and Testing Window due (School Year 2019)
- October 26, 2018 - 4:00 p.m. Deadline
- Eligible for Immigrant Education Program data due and Extracted from SIS for funding eligibility and allocation calculations
- November 16, 2018 - 4:00 p.m. Deadline
- Fall Enrollment Submission Due
- Service Provider data (IDEA Services only)
- Student Addresses (IDEA Services only)
- Assessment Pre-ID
- New SIS Reports
- Upcoming Key Dates
- Districts’ Next Steps
- Where to Direct Questions
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
This page has been archived. The content on this page may no longer be in effect.