The passage of the "No Child Left Behind Act of 2001" increased accountability and reporting requirements regarding student academic achievement. In order to better respond to these and other federal and state reporting requirements, ISBE and the IBM Corporation are in the process of developing and implementing a state-level student information system. Through the project students will be assigned a unique identification number. All data to and from the state will use that unique identifier. The use of individual student records will:
- increase the state's capacity to follow a student's progress over time;
- provide better quality data to drive more enlightened policy decisions resulting in enhanced educational opportunities for all children;
- reduce data collection burden on schools and districts; and
- enhance the use and relevance of state data by districts and schools.
2017 ISBE Student Information System Training - Register NOW!
The Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) will be conducting summer training sessions designed
for NEW SIS users. Attendees will only need to attend
one training session. The training session will include an overview of SIS and how it is integrated with other systems at the Illinois State board of Education. Areas of focus will include timely submissions, data quality, and the use of SIS dashboard and reports.
Seating is limited for each session at each location, so please register as soon as possible.
The online registration from and the logistical information for each session, including directions, are available through the link below. A morning session will be offered until its full (50 Participants), then an Afternoon session will be offered. If all sessions in your area are full, or if you are unable to attend your preferred session due to scheduling constraints, or if you have questions, please call the ISBE Help Desk at (217) 558-3600 Option 3 or send an email to
Please note that there are limits on the number of participants for each session at each location. Sessions that fill up will not be displayed again. Please register for a session at least 1 week before it is to be held.
All trainings are held form 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (unless otherwise specified):
- July 25th, 2017 - Parkland College, Champaign, IL 61821
- July 26th, 2017 - Springfield School District - Board Room, Springfield, IL 62704
- July 27th, 2017 - Carl Sandburg College – Building C, Room C102 Galesburg, IL 61401
- August 1st, 2017 - Metea Valley High School, Aurora, IL 60502
- August 2nd, 2017 - Robert Blazier District C.O.R.E. Center, Crystal Lake, IL 60014
- August 3rd, 2017 - Rock Valley College Stenstrom Center for Career Education (SCCE) - Commons, Rockford, IL 61109
- August 8th, 2017 - Lewis and Clark Community College - N.O. Nelson Campus - Computer Classroom, Edwardsville, IL 62025
- August 9th, 2017 - John A. Logan College Conference Center - Batteau (F103/F104 Ivey), Carterville, IL 62918
- August 10th, 2017 - Effingham High School - Cafetorium, Effingham, IL 62401
This page has been archived. The content on this page may no longer be in effect.