The LEA must have employment and personnel policies that do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability. Additionally, all employees must be notified of the nondiscrimination policies and grievance procedures (used for discrimination complaints).
- What documentation can be used to indicate compliance with this standard?
- A copy of the District’s collective bargaining or other employment agreements for faculty
- A copy of the application forms for employment, a sample vacancy announcement and recruitment letters for faculty
- Published job announcements and advertisement (with continuous statement of non-discrimination)
- Personnel policies and procedures, including policies to do with hiring, advancement, screening committee rating systems, interviewing, and recruitment
- Affirmative action or equal employment opportunity plan adopted by the Board
- Applications for positions (with continuous statement of non-discrimination)
- Salary schedule(s)
- Faculty assignment information by race/ethnic group, sex, and individuals with disabilities
- Employment handbook
- What are the essential elements of employment policies and practices?
- Every aspect of the employment relationship is nondiscriminatory.
- Pre-employment inquires concerning disability, marital, or parental status is prohibited.
- Recruitment sources are regularly notified that the LEA does not discriminate.
- Faculty salary scales and policy are based upon the conditions and responsibilities of employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, and disability.
- Equal employment opportunities for teaching and administrative positions to disabled applicants who can perform the essential functions of the positions are provided.
- Reasonable accommodations for physical or mental disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants unless it can be demonstrated that such accommodations would impose an undue hardship.
- Non-faculty classification/compensation system is based upon evaluation of jobs and appropriate salary range placement of jobs according to working conditions and levels of employment responsibility.
- What are some documents on which an equal opportunity statement should appear?
- Application for employment form
- Vacancy announcements and advertisements
- Recruitment letters
- Personnel web site and other related recruitment documents
- Newspapers, student handbooks, and other district or school materials
- What is a sample of an equal opportunity statement?
Overton High School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability.
This statement appears on Overton High School employment application forms: All applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age except where such conditions are bona fide occupational requirements, or age. Overton High School facilities are accessible to disabled applicants.