The Division of Funding and Disbursement Services primary functions are:
- oversee the accounting, claims, vouchering and expenditure reporting of all state and federal grant funds to school districts and other service providers;
- collect all special education personnel and pupil data and distribute applicable state funding;
- compute and present special education residential and tuition per diem rates for approval by the Illinois Purchase Care Review Board;
- oversee all driver education and pupil transportation provision of service as well as claims for reimbursement;
- process all state and federal child nutrition reimbursement claims;
- provide technical assistance for completing all public school calendars;
- process all nonpublic special education private facility school calendars.