To be valid for employment all licenses must be registered in at least one region.
- $10 Per Year
- Additional regions may be added at no cost
When do you register your license?
- When your license is first issued -
your license is not valid until it is registered.
When you complete your renewal cycle and enter your professional development. This will occur every 5 years for most licenses. Make sure you are aware of your validity period as it is the license holder’s responsibility to maintain their license properly.
How do you register your license?
Log into your ELIS account.
License Registration Procedures
- Select the registration tab and follow the prompts to pay your fee online.
An individual is required to register his or her license in each region where he or she teaches or in any county of the State, if the individual is not yet employed, but is required to pay a registration fee in only one region. Therefore, an individual who moves from one region to another after paying a registration fee for a particular period of time:
- will be required to register his or her license in the new region; but
- will not be required to pay any additional registration fee.
When a registration fee is paid, the amount due shall be the amount required to register the license for its entire period of validity.
Please refer to
Section 25.400 of the Illinois Administrative Code for more information.