FY 2020 Round 1 School Maintenance Project Grants Quarterly Expenditure Reports
All School Maintenance Grants have been approved by ISBE and submitted to the Comptroller’s Office for payments. The payments for the grants have just started to be paid by the Comptroller’s Office. Your district may or may not have received the payment as of this notice. Please know the payments are forthcoming.
Since the grants have been approved, the funds are being released, and to comply with GATA requirements, all recipients approved for the fiscal year 2020 Round 1 School Maintenance Project Grants are required to submit a June 30, 2020 quarterly expenditure report. The report is due within 20 days from the end of the quarter. These reports are available in
. Please note, if your district has not yet started the approved school maintenance project(s) and/or has not expended any funds, please insert $0.00 to report accordingly.
According to the assurances of the grant, “Quarterly reports are required of all award recipients receiving funds, unless otherwise specified in the program specific terms. Quarterly reports must describe the progress of the project or use and the expenditure of the grant funds. The expenditure through dates are used in reporting quarterly expenditures and obligations from project beginning date through
June 30, September 30, December 31, and March 31 of each fiscal year until the Final Expenditure Report has been submitted. Quarterly Expenditure Reports are required by the Illinois Grant Funds Recovery Act, 30 ILCS 705/4(b) and are due 20 calendar days after the expenditure through date. Failure to file the required reports within the timelines will result in a breach of the Grant Agreement.”
Complete instructions can be located at these links:
Please follow the instructions
found within IWAS or on ISBE’s website
to complete the Quarterly Expenditure Report. Note the following:
- Quarterly reports must be done even if you have not started any of the work items on the grant. If work has not begun on a work item, please enter “0” for that work item.
- NEW! A new GATA requirement is located within the Quarterly Expenditure Reports in IWAS -- IWAS>Surveys>School Maintenance Project Grants>Quarterly Expenditure Reports. Please review the instructions under the “Application Printable Documents” and print the "GATA Quarterly Performance Report." Follow the instructions to complete the form, scan into computer, and attach file before submitting the report.
- Quarterly reports must be completed until the Final Expenditure Report has been completed in IWAS to close out the grant.
- All work items must be updated every quarter until the work item is 100% completed
- When a work item is 100% completed (i.e., no additional costs will be reported for that work item), check the “Work Item 100% Completed” button on that work item.
- Once you have updated all items and attached the GATA Performance Report, you must submit the quarterly report to ISBE. Click “Submit Quarter” to submit the completed report to ISBE.
- The quarterly report has been submitted to ISBE when you see the verification bar in green at the top of the screen.
- If all items are marked as 100% complete, a Final Expenditure Report must be completed. Please follow the instructions to complete the Final Expenditure Report.
- Complete instructions can be located at these links: