{{CurrentPage.Topics.DisplayName}} {{CurrentPage.Subtopic_x0020_Level_x0020_1}}


Once you hold a Professional Educator License or Educator License with Stipulations endorsed in a teaching field, you can add additional content area endorsements. These can be added within the grade range of the license you currently hold.

Illinois offers full reciprocity for all endorsements listed on a valid, comparable out-of-state license. To add subsequent endorsements to your Professional Educator License (PEL) via reciprocity, please apply for the endorsement in your ELIS account and provide a copy of your valid, comparable out-of-state license. ​

  • All grades for the endorsement coursework must be "C-" or higher, and coursework must be at the 100-level or higher from a regionally accredited college or university.
  • All test scores are valid indefinitely.

* * * This page has been archived. The content on this page may no longer be in effect. * * *

Contact Information