1 of the following options:
- Option 1
- Bachelor's Degree from an institution of higher education in the U.S.
- Target Language Proficiency Test in desired Language
- Option 2
- Bachelor's Degree from a foreign country in the requested medium
- Target Language Proficiency Test in English
- Option 3
- A degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States
- Degree from a foreign country in the requested medium
- No testing required
Valid only for teaching transitional bilingual courses in a Pre K - Grade 12 setting and English as a Second Language (ESL) in Kindergarten - Grade 6.
Can add a world language endorsement by meeting the following requirements:
- Passed the applicable foreign language test
The world language endorsement would allow the licensee to teach that particular language in a Prekindergarten - Grade 12 setting.
Can add an LBSI endorsement by passing the LBSI (155) test and completing coursework in the following areas:
- Survey of the exceptional child
- General characteristics of children with disabilities within the LBSI scope
- General methods for teaching children with disabilities within the LBSI scope
- Psychological assessment of children with the disabilities within the LBSI scope