Any licensee who holds a PEL endorsed in school support personnel and is employed in an Illinois public, charter, or state operated school for 50% or more FTE can meet Professional Development (PD) requirements by either:
- Holding an active and current professional license issued by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (must be related to endorsement)
- Holding national board certification:
- School Counselor: a license issued under the Professional Counselor and Clinical Professional Counselor Licensing and Practice Act
- School Psychologist: a license issued under the Clinical Psychologist Licensing Act
- Speech Language Pathologist (non-teaching): license issued under the Illinois Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Practice Act
- School Nurse: license issued under the Nurse Practice Act
- School Social Worker: a license issued under the Clinical Social Work and Social Work Practice Act
If the above requirements have been met, the licensee will need to enter the license or national board information into ELIS in the amount of 120 PD hours.
National Licenses for Renewal must be uploaded as an image in ELIS.