Be counted! Complete the U.S. Census Before September 30, 2020 at!

{{CurrentPage.Topics.DisplayName}} {{CurrentPage.Subtopic_x0020_Level_x0020_1}}


Illinois offers full reciprocity. At the time of the initial evaluation for an Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL), educators will be considered for all areas listed on his or her valid, comparable out of state license.  Per Part 25 Rules, all out-of-state licenses must be equivalent to the Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL).​

In order to serve as a teacher, school support personnel, or an administrator in the state of Illinois at a public or recognized non-public school, an individual must obtain a PEL. A PEL must be endorsed in one of the following areas.​​

 Illinois Educators Requesting Licensure/Testing Verification for other States and Countries

​The Illinois State Board of Education no longer completes out-of-state licensure verification forms or testing verification forms. Additionally, we no longer send letters or emails verifying credentials or licensure test results as this information can be verified through our Administrator Portal in the Educator Licensure Information System (ELIS).

Educators must provide the following information to the verifying entity:

  1. Your Illinois Educator Identification Number (IEIN)
  2. Date of Birth
  3. Last Name​

View Illinois Licensure/Testing Verification InformationPDF Document.​​​

 Pre-Approved Coursework for the Illinois Professional Educator License

* * * This page has been archived. The content on this page may no longer be in effect. * * *

Contact Information