In efforts to reduce the substitute teacher shortage, ISBE is now offering a reimbursement of the application fee to qualifying applicants.
- Your Sub issuance date must be later than July 1, 2017
- You must work at least 10 full school days within one year of your issuance date
- You must apply for the reimbursement within 18 months of your issuance date
- Educators will receive a $50 refund if they have worked 10 days on the substitute teaching license and a $25 refund if they have worked 10 days on the short-term substitute teaching license
If you meet these requirements, please complete form
73-02: Substitute License Fee Refund Request. This form must be returned to ISBE by the school or district official. Forms submitted by the applicant will not be honored.
APPLICATION FEE REFUND REQUEST
An applicant who has applied for a credential but now needs to request a refund for one of the reasons listed below can do so by completing ISBE 95-10 Application Fee Refund Request Form
. NOTE: Refund requests will only be considered for applications that are in “Pending Review (PR)” status and the request is received within seven days of the application date.
- Applied for wrong license/endorsement/approval
- Applied for wrong grade range
- No longer need a credential
- Meant to renew, but applied for new credential in error
- Applied for credential prior to being entitled by an Illinois institution*
*Seven-day timeline does not apply