- Submit an application online in the
Educator Licensure Information System (ELIS).
- A $150 fee will be assessed electronically when the application is submitted (please have a credit or debit card available).
- Send an official* transcript to
one of the following:
- Illinois State Board of Education
100 N. 1st Street
Springfield, IL 62777
- Submit a copy of your out-of-state license to
email@example.com to be uploaded into your ELIS account.
*Note: To be official, transcripts must be submitted in the sealed envelope from the college or university or be sent directly by the institution. Transcripts received that are not in a sealed envelope from the university or sent directly from the university will be considered unofficial and cannot be used for evaluation purposes.
Once your license has been issued, please log into your ELIS account and pay the applicable
registration fees. The license is not valid for employment until these fees are paid.