2019-20 OEPP/PCTC VERIFICATION
The OEPP/PCTC verification process in IWAS is to provide the district the opportunity to verify the calculations to be accurate. The verification process also allows districts to make corrections to the calculations if necessary. Our goal is to provide more accurate financial data in the ILEARN database and various reports inside and outside the agency.
It is imperative that districts review the OEPP/PCTC report for accuracy no later than
June 11, 2021 to make any corrections to the FY20 AFR. Once the deadline passes ISBE can no longer accept corrections and all AFR data will be publicly release as reported.
Please follow the steps below to help complete the verification process.
After you log in to IWAS, click Reporting > Annual > District Financial Report.
OEPP/PCTC Verification Steps:
- Compare the IWAS report to the FY20 AFR PCTC-OEPP 27-28 tab.
- OEPP - Line 80 on the FY20 AFR should match Line on 70 the IWAS Report
- PCTC - Line 180 on the FY20 AFR should match Line on 165 the IWAS Report
- If the above lines match, the verification is complete. Please click the “approve” button in IWAS.
- If the above lines do not match, please follow the steps below to reconcile the difference.
- Evidence Based Funding (EBF) payments now include 1) Additional Investment in Students Requiring Special Education Services and 2) Additional Investment in Students Requiring English Learner Services. The FY20 AFR may not have lines 172 and 173 completed or the amounts listed may be incorrect. Please use the link below to find the correct amounts.
- Under Reports, select FY 2020 Special Education Funding Allocation Calculation Details. Open the Excel file and use the amount in column X for the district. If the IWAS report (Line 158) has this amount listed, no changes are needed.
- Under Reports, select FY 2020 English Learner Education Funding Allocation Calculation Details. Open the Excel file and use the amount in column V for the district. If the IWAS report (Line 159) has this amount listed, no changes are needed. *Note Line 159 on the IWAS report states “Special Education Contributions,” but the amount that is listed is for “English Learner Contributions.”
- Average Daily Attendance (ADA)
- The 9-month ADA came from the Student Information System (SIS) in IWAS from the section “Average Daily Attendance” on the left-hand side. The 9-month ADA is located on the bottom of the ADA page.
- If the IWAS report (Line 69) matches the 9-month ADA currently in SIS, no changes are needed.
- The ADA on the FY20 AFR may be different from the IWAS report. School districts can edit their attendance throughout the year. We used the final 9-month ADA from SIS, which was not available when the FY20 AFR was completed.
After you complete the above steps and still are unable to reconcile the difference, please contact email@example.com