The purpose of the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program Grant is to increase fresh fruit and fresh vegetable consumption in elementary schools that participate in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). Priority is given to elementary schools based on free and reduced eligibility.
The FFVP program is different from the
Department of Defense (DoD) Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program.
- The School Year 2019-20 Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP) application period is now closed. The FFVP application for SY 2020-21 will be posted in February/March 2020.
Forms and Documents
Equipment Justification Form
If a school would like to utilize FFVP funds to purchase an equipment item that is $250 or greater to use in operation of the program:
- Approval must be granted by ISBE prior to purchasing equipment - submit Equipment Justification Form
- If approved, equipment must be purchased by December 31st
- Equipment is claimed as an Administrative Cost (capped at 10% of grant amount)
SY2019-20 Individual Site Fund Tracker
Schools may use the Individual Site Fund Tracker as a budgeting tool to track monthly FFVP expenditures and remaining funds.
- SY2019-20 FFVP Claim Forms
School Food Authorities (SFAs) participating in FFVP must submit a monthly claim for FFVP expenditures. Claims are due no later than 60 days following the end of the claim month. Instructions for completing the claim are located in the instructions tab of the claim form. SFAs should select the claim form to use based on the number of FFVP sites it is operating.