SPP Indicator 12: A compliance indicator that measures the percentage of children referred by Part C prior to age 3, who are found eligible for Part B, and who have an IEP developed and implemented by their third birthdays.
The goal of Indicator 12 is to ensure seamless transitions for children and families as they move from IDEA Part C to IDEA Part B so they can access appropriate services by their third birthdays.
- Number of children who have been served in Part C and referred to Part B for Part B eligibility determination.
- Number of those referred determined to be NOT eligible and whose eligibility was determined prior to their third birthdays.
- Number of those found eligible who have an IEP developed and implemented by their third birthdays.
- Number of children for whom parent refusal to provide consent caused delays in evaluation or initial services or to whom exceptions under 34 CFR §300.301(d) applied.
- Number of children who were referred to Part C fewer than 90 days before their third birthdays.
Percent = [(c) divided by (a - b - d - e)] times 100.
The ISBE data sources are the SIS Early Childhood Transition database and the ISBE Data Warehouse.
Targets for Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2020-25
FFY20-25 target of 100%
Findings of Noncompliance
SPP/APR data for this indicator is verified by the SPP coordinator, data manager, and SPP team leader between July 15 and August 1. Written findings of noncompliance are issued annually around September 1 to districts that have less than 100% compliance. The following SIS Early Childhood Transition database delay codes are considered acceptable timeline exceptions and do not result in a finding of noncompliance: 01, 02, 03, 05, and 07. Delay codes resulting in a finding of noncompliance include 04 and 06. Please refer to the
Early Intervention to Early Childhood Special Education Transition Frequently Asked Questions for additional information.